To watch a video tutorial on how to install your PrivySeal as your email signature using Outlook, please click on the video below:
Please note that your PrivySeal URLs are now available directly from your Certificate Issuer, for now you cannot get them from www.privyseal.com.
Please also note that your PrivySeal URLs now take the following format:
seals.prod.privyseal.io/your_holding_id (PrivySeal URL)
credentials.prod.privyseal.io/your_holding_id (Certificate URL)
Or, follow the step by step instructions below:
- From the Outlook File menu, select Options
- You will see the "Outlook Options" dialog box, as shown below
- Select Mail in the left-navigation bar, as shown below
- Click the Signatures button. You will see the “Signatures and Stationery” dialog box, as shown below
- If you do not already have a signature, click the New button in the "Select signature to edit" section.
- Enter a name for your signature and then click the OK button, as shown below
- In the "Edit Signature" section, type your signature message and customize it using the text editor.
- Place your cursor where you want your Privyseal to appear, this is entirely up to you. Click the image ( ) icon.
- Paste your Privyseal URL (seals.prod.privyseal.io/your_holding_id) into the address space.
- In most versions of Outlook you will need to insert your Privyseal image using the Insert button.
- If so, please do not just click on the Insert button. Rather click on the downward arrow and select the Link to File option, see below. By doing this you will force Outlook to always load your latest Privyseal, with the current date and time.
- Once your Privyseal loads, see example below, you will see the Privyseal image in the Edit Signature box, as shown in below figure
- Now you have to link your Privyseal to your PrivySeal Certificate.
- To do so, select your Privyseal image. You can do this by clicking on your Privyseal or dragging your mouse over it.
- Once you have selected your Privyseal, click on the hyperlink ( ) icon
- Enter your PrivySeal Verification Certificate URL (credentials.prod.privyseal.io/your_holding_id) in the Address box, as shown in below figure
- Click the OK button.
- Click the OK button to close the “Signatures and Stationery” dialog box.
- Click the OK button again.
- Now, create a new email message. Insert the recently created signature. Your Privyseal should appear in the email body, as shown below
- Now, press the CTRL key and click on the image to verify if the hyperlink to your PrivySeal Verification Certificate is working.
- If your Privyseal is properly installed it will reflect the current date and time.
If your Privyseal disappears you should check to see what the problem may be by contacting the Certificate Issuer. Your Privyseal serves as an easy way to tell that everything is in order, or alternatively that there is a problem you may need to attend to.
Article is closed for comments.